USK ON-CAMPUS COVID-19 INFORMATION
Updated on 7/25/23
Masks are not mandatory on campus; however, they are recommended for the following:
- You are symptomatic and/or have cold-like symptoms.
- You have been requested to do so by an instructor or staff member.
- You suspect you were exposed within the last 5 days.
Hand sanitizer and bleach wipes are available in each classroom. Students are encouraged to wipe down their desks before each class.
Free rapid results antigen testing is available between 7:00 am – 11:00 am at the front desk of the campus reception area.
Email Dr. Keating at firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.
CARES Act Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students
The CARES Act, which establishes and funds the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF), directs institutions of higher education to provide emergency financial aid grants to students for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus. The University of Saint Katherine (USK) signed and returned to the Department of Education a Certification and Agreement letter and intends to use no less than 50% of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students. The University received an allocation of $246,937.00 on 6/12 and drew the funds down on 7/8/2020.
Eligibility criteria for grants incorporating Department of Education guidelines: The student is required meet all the following criteria:
- Have incurred expenses directly related to the disruption of campus operations due to COVID-19
- Have filed a 2019-2020 FAFSA and be eligible for Federal Financial Aid
- Have been enrolled in at least 1 unit in Spring 2020 or Summer 2020
- Be in good standing with the University and eligible to return for the Fall 2020 semester (as an undergraduate or graduate student)
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in a degree program (undergraduate or graduate)
- Be a U.S. citizen or national, permanent resident, or other eligible noncitizen.
- Not have a federal or state conviction for drug possession or sale, with certain time limitations.
The total number of students at USK to receive the emergency financial aid grant is 139. The grants will be awarded in the amount of $888.26 to each of the qualifying students. Grant checks will be disbursed on 10/29/2020 and available for pick up at the main campus on 10/30/2020. If the check is not picked up by 11/4/2020, it will be mailed to the student’s permanent address on file.
The second round of relief checks were given to 206 students on 3/4/2021 in the amount of $599.36 to each qualifying student.
The University of Saint Katherine is providing this information to demonstrate compliance with requirements of the CARES Act for institutions receiving allocations from the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund.